Dr. Watlington & Associates, also known as Christina Watlington PhD, was formed in 2011 as a solo private practice. In 2017, Dr. Watlington transitioned to a group practice in order to harness the mental health expertise of various practitioners and have a greater impact in Delaware. The practitioners are experienced psychologists, social workers and counselors with specialties in individual, child, adolescent and adult therapies.
The practitioners at Dr. Watlington & Associates provide client outpatient services and community-based services that are:
- Trauma-informed: We understand, recognize, and respond to the effects of all types of trauma.
- Evidence-based: We incorporate best available research evidence; client’s needs, values, and preferences; practitioner wisdom; and theory into the clinical decision-making process.
- Culturally-sensitive: We appreciate the dignity and worth of each person we encounter. We actively seek to:
- moves past cultural stereotypes and biases (e.g. based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, gender-identity, geography, etc.)
- offer access to gender responsive services
- leverage the healing value of traditional cultural practices
The mission of Dr. Watlington & Associates is to improve the quality of life for children, adults, families, and organizations by providing high quality services. Through therapy (individual, couples, family and group), coaching and professional development seminars, persons/organizations come to appreciate their strengths and discover new ways to develop their potential.
Patients of all ages and backgrounds are welcome at Dr. Watlington & Associates. To become a patient please request an appointment online or call our office at (302) 402-5541